Thursday, January 13, 2011

LOS AYALA/Las Varas MEXICO Wednesday JANUARY 12, 2011 DENTAL HEAVEN OH SO WARM :)

PLAYA DEL TORO,LOS AYALA,NAYARIT,MEXICO Wednesday JANUARY 12, 2011

Well,I went snorkeling at 7 am today after a great meditation. Our friend John actually followed me to the beach.. I was walking down the path and then I saw a family of three racoon like creatures who immediately headed deep into the jungle. When I arrived at the beach there was a man just coming in on a Kayak..I wanted to give him space. I immediately went snorkeling. WOW within 2 minutes I had seen 5 sting rays and numerous needlenose fish..a great day.. As I headed back to the beach, I saw John arrive and we went over to talk to the man with the kayak, he was nice. We made introductions. He was named Carlos and is originally from Tepic. he started coming to Los Ayala in 1970s when his father bought property there. He also told us of some bungalows on punta Raza beach..a secluded beach. WOW we are going to explore there this Sunday.


Got back to El Delfin after a great walk and talk with John. Well I was feeling sad as Kathleen has not been getting full night sleeps for months now. It is very hard on her. I trust over the next month she will get the relaxation and love she needs to sleep.

 LAS VARAS, NAYARIT, MEXICO Wednesday JANUARY 12, 2011

As we were eating Breakfast, John came by to invite us on an adventure to Las Varas. We accepted and off we went in their jeep. they dropped us off in Las Varas.

Supposedly a great shoe town. We enjoyed walking around for an hour. It is strange how much mexican towns remind me of Thailand.

Joe who is A Canadian who lives on the second floor at El Delfin gave me the direction to a Dentist in Las Varas who might be able to do my teeth for a fraction of the cost that the same would cost me in Canada.I am told I need a couple of crowns and possibly a bridge. The quote I got in Canada had me paying over 2500.00 Canadian based on a bill of 5834 where Blue cross pays 60% or 3500.00. Well I may get the same for 1000.00 here and Blue Cross will still pay 60% of the bill. Awesome!!!

So back to Las Varas, I went to the dental place and met Alberto the Orthodonist/Dentist(Dentista) and I will get a checkup/cleaning done in the next two weeks and probably get the work done there as well.

Here are some Las Varas photos:

Another funny story as a Member of HEU and BCGEU Unions i went to give a donation to the Farmers Union. My lack of Spanish meant the person could not understand why i wanted to give her money. That was funny :) i will go back when i have more Spanish.

The ice cream store across from the town square AND the Church..wow what an awesome location:)

Veda and Kathleen chose their ice cream bars (real ice cream)

Relaxing in front of the church :)


Apparently this Catholic church was built in the 1980s and 1990s

Plastic recycling. Sign says no garbage only Plastic!

A tender moment captures by Veda at the church.

La Tienda where we bought some veggies:)


Please see this link for all the photos of the last three days :)


At Lunch , John and Dorren arrived back in Town and we all headed back to Los Ayala with two stops along the way. one to see the spirals and one to get coco frios(cold coconuts) drinks.


John takes a photo while Kathleen, Veda and Doreen look on :0


Hasta Luego Amigos

Al:)

2 comments:

  1. Hola, Al, Kathleen & Veda! Wow, what a great day!! How long are you in Mexico for, a month? Enjoy & thanks for sharing!!

    Aloha,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Christine,

    ..and thank you for following. We are in mexico for two months until February 26th.

    Adios y Hasta luego
    Al:)

    ReplyDelete