Friday, January 7, 2011

SAYULITA MEXICO Wednesday and Thursday JANUARY 5-6,2011 BOOGIEBOARD DAYS continued :)

Wednesday JANUARY 5, 2011


Well this is our last full day in Sayulita. We have been enjoying the boogie boarding alot. I discovered that yesterday I had left the beach towel I borrowed from our host Sergio at the Restaurant Rollie's. I may not have mentioned that I really enjoyed the service at this restaurant. Rollie himself has a great sense of humour and he take an interest in each patron that comes to his restaurant.

So almost 24 hours later I go back to the restaurant and tell Rollie that I think I left my beach towel there. He smiles and say"yes you did, we just put it in the wash so if you come back around 1 pm it will be done.

Talk about exceptional service. If you are ever in Sayulita and the menu appeals I recommend Rollie's.


http://www.sayulitalife.com/rolliesbreakfast

it was also really easy to reseve a taxi for Thursday with our Driver Juan Jose. 300 pesos for the 40 minute trip to Los Ayala.

Kathleen has been cold since we got here New year's Day. I know you are wondering how that is possible. Well the water is colder than 2010 and so are the nights by5-6 degrees Celsius.

We decide she need to get  a rash guard or upper body partial wetsuit. We went to the Mexican Surf Mafia shop just up from Rollie's and Kathleen tried on a number of suits. In the end she decided to go with two and under garment that is 3-4mm and a 2 mm one over top. This means Kathleen can stay in the water now up to 40 minutes before getting cold instead of the 5 minutes or less she was able to do before.
Now Kathleen gets to enjoy boogie boarding:)

We spent 3 hours in the water Wednesday and we went out for lunch at one of dozens of awesome restaurants. The bill for the three of us was 140 pesos roughly 14 Canadian dollars for a great meal.

We were really tired after a day in the sun and we relaxed at our bungalow in the evening.

Thursday JANUARY 6, 2011


Well i went to sleep early around 9pm..i woke up at 2 am. kathleen was awake. there was loud music playing and people talking loudly. I thought it was one of the bars at first. After an hour though and then they played a song I really do not like "Tainted Love" Well that put me over the edge. I got up and put on my clothes and went outside to track down the noise to my surprise it was coming from up the hill. I walk up to the house and knock on the main door. The house walls were vibrating. they could not hear me. However out of a side door a Mexicano man came out and he said" OH I was really concern that someone was going to be disturbed and call the police" I said" I am not going to call the police i just want them to turn down the music." Well he said " They are friends of the owner and the owner would not like trouble." He seemed reluctant to go talk to them and said to me "The door is open." I said" I would not walk into someone house without them inviting me in,but he could lead me in." He then opens the door and then quickly disappears. the house has a two story wall around the front enveloping a pool overlooking the bay and forms an amphitheater for sound.

The sight before me is like the ultimate Canadian Beer commercial. there are 5 dudes and 5 women and one is holding a two wheeled cart in which there is a beer can pyramid on top. Well I shouted over the music" I got several people awake and it is after 3 am,can you turn down the music. Well one dude says "Sorry Man Sorry we didn't know.." and they turned off the music.

Then back down the hill I go and back to bed. Here is a picture of the 'noisy neighbours' house



In the morning I went and took alot of pictures around Sayulita including also La Playa los Meurtos and the excellent Mexican cemetery there.





Due to the strange way blogger sometime posts my pictures and the volume of pictures. I will include a link at the bottom of each post to all the pictures of the day :)

Here is the first one:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=348488&id=773104691&l=f36af2bb04

No comments:

Post a Comment